When buyers decide to start the process of buying a home they typically attend many open houses, not just to look at homes they may be interested in but also to get ideas on what they may or may not like. First impressions RULE when buyers are looking at homes.
So... sellers facing their first open house might find this checklist helpful. The following is a quick list that will help make your home look great!
• Box up knick-knacks, family mementos, and books to create a neutral environment.
• Remove excess furniture to make the rooms seem more spacious.
• Thoroughly clean carpets, windows, closets, and ovens.
• Assess needed household repairs and make them.
• Clear debris from sidewalks, decks, and driveways.
• Replace dated kitchen and bathroom hardware and fixtures.
• Remove heavy curtains that block light.
• Install bright natural light bulbs to brighten the rooms
• Repaint rooms that look dull using a neutral color such as cream or tan.
• Refinish worn hardwood floors.
• Paint the front door and buy a new welcome mat.
Consult with your Professional Realtor on how to make your home stand out and look great for showings! First Impressions are KEY in selling real Estate!
Dirk van Reenen
If you need a Realtor please call me for a free consultation!